Area CV is seeking candidates for Contributing Writer positions to join our talented and rapidly growing writing team. Contributing Writers collaborate with our clients to create resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn Profiles that give job seekers the tools, confidence, and hope they need to advance in their careers.
The perfect candidate should possess the ability to oversee numerous projects, uphold Area CV’s dedication to exceptional customer service and writing quality, and feel entirely at ease when advising executive-level clients.
• Pledge to handle a minimum of 2 projects each week, encompassing a 30-minute client consultation, crafting resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles, and working in tandem with our Proofreader to refine drafts.
• We expect you to research your clients’ industries, thoroughly review the job descriptions they provide, be familiar with industry terminology, use a clear and persuasive writing style with appropriate word choices for the client’s experience, and proofread your work for accurate spelling and content.
• Relevant Experience: Two years in resume writing or another writing position
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) or equivalent experience
• Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Calendar.
• Strong commitment to clear and persuasive writing
• Comfortable working remotely while independently managing a schedule and meeting deadlines
• Strong communication skills, able to collaborate internally with writing team and Managing Editor, and externally with clients
• Ability and confidence to interact independently and proactively with clients under minimal supervision
• Detail-oriented, well-organized, and focused on delivering high-quality, error-free drafts
• Collaborative Culture: We are an enthusiastic and supportive team of professionals who are committed to helping job seekers achieve their career goals. We enjoy providing exceptional service for our clients and making sure they feel confident and optimistic about their futures.
• Schedule Flexibility: You will have flexibility to create your own schedule, within the parameters of delivering all drafts to your Managing Editor and to your clients on time, and being available for your scheduled 30-minute client consultations.
The pay is project-based, and our pay scale is incremental and commensurate with experience. We continually evaluate our writers and guide them to advance to higher writer levels with higher pay rates.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
• Your resume
• A cover letter for the position
• Two relevant writing samples
Area CV provides and maintains a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism, and cooperation. Area CV is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion and without notice.